This notice went into effect on JUNE 2022
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- MY PLEDGE REGARDING HEALTH INFORMATION:
Grow Psychological, LLC understands that health information about you and your health care is personal. We are committed to protecting health information about you. Your therapist creates a record of the care and services you receive. Grow Psychological, LLC needs this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. This notice applies to all of the records of your care generated by this mental health care practice. This notice will tell you about the ways in which Grow Psychological, LLC may use and disclose health information about you. This document also describes your rights to the health information Grow Psychological, LLC keeps about you, and describe certain obligations Grow Psychological, LLC has regarding the use and disclosure of your health information. Grow Psychological, LLC and your therapist are required by law to:
- Make sure that protected health information (“PHI”) that identifies you is kept private.
- Give you this notice of Grow Psychological, LLC’s legal duties and privacy practices with respect to health information.
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
- Grow Psychological, LLC can change the terms of this Notice, and such changes will apply to all information Grow Psychological, LLC has about you. The new Notice will be available upon request, at Grow Psychological, LLC and on the website.
- HOW GROW PSYCHOLOGICAL, LLC MAY USE AND DISCLOSE HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU: The following categories describe different ways that Grow Psychological, LLC and your therapist uses and discloses health information. For each category of uses or disclosures your therapist will explain what Grow Psychological, LLC means and try to give some examples. Not every use or disclosure in a category will be listed. However, all of the ways Grow Psychological, LLC is permitted to use and disclose information will fall within one of the categories.
For Treatment Payment, or Health Care Operations: Federal privacy rules (regulations) allow health care providers who have direct treatment relationship with the patient/client to use or disclose the patient/client’s personal health information without the patient’s written authorization, to carry out the health care provider’s own treatment, payment or health care operations. Grow Psychological, LLC may also disclose your protected health information for the treatment activities of any health care provider. This too can be done without your written authorization. For example, if a clinician were to consult with another licensed health care provider about your condition, we would be permitted to use and disclose your personal health information, which is otherwise confidential, in order to assist the clinician in diagnosis and treatment of your mental health condition. Inter-office transfers are considered a continuation of care and clinical information may be shared between Grow Psychological, LLC’s providers, unless the client explicitly requests otherwise.
Disclosures for treatment purposes are not limited to the minimum necessary standard. Because therapists and other health care providers need access to the full record and/or full and complete information in order to provide quality care. The word “treatment” includes, among other things, the coordination and management of health care providers with a third party, consultations between health care providers and referrals of a patient for health care from one health care provider to another.
Lawsuits and Disputes: If you are involved in a lawsuit, Grow Psychological, LLC may disclose health information in response to a court or administrative order. Grow Psychological, LLC and/or your therapist may also disclose health information about your child in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
III. CERTAIN USES AND DISCLOSURES REQUIRE YOUR AUTHORIZATION:
- Psychotherapy Notes. Your therapist does keep “psychotherapy notes” as that term is defined in 45 CFR § 164.501, and any use or disclosure of such notes requires your Authorization unless the use or disclosure is:
- For his/her use in treating you.
- For his/her use in training or supervising mental health practitioners to help them improve their skills in group, joint, family, or individual counseling or therapy.
- For his/her use in defending myself in legal proceedings instituted by you.
- For use by the Secretary of Health and Human Services to investigate my compliance with HIPAA.
- Required by law and the use or disclosure is limited to the requirements of such law.
- Required by law for certain health oversight activities pertaining to the originator of the psychotherapy notes.
- Required by a coroner who is performing duties authorized by law.
- Required to help avert a serious threat to the health and safety of others.
- Marketing Purposes. Grow Psychological, LLC will not use or disclose your PHI for marketing purposes.
- Sale of PHI. Grow Psychological, LLC will not sell your PHI in the regular course of business.
- CERTAIN USES AND DISCLOSURES DO NOT REQUIRE YOUR AUTHORIZATION. Subject to certain limitations in the law, Grow Psychological, LLC can use and disclose your PHI without your Authorization for the following reasons:
- When disclosure is required by state or federal law, and the use or disclosure complies with and is limited to the relevant requirements of such law.
- For public health activities, including reporting suspected child, elder, or dependent adult abuse, or preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety.
- For health oversight activities, including audits and investigations.
- For judicial and administrative proceedings, including responding to a court or administrative order, although Grow Psychological, LLC’s preference is to obtain an Authorization from you before doing so.
- For law enforcement purposes, including reporting crimes occurring on Grow Psychological, LLC’s premises.
- To coroners or medical examiners, when such individuals are performing duties authorized by law.
- For research purposes, including studying and comparing the mental health of patients who received one form of therapy versus those who received another form of therapy for the same condition.
- Specialized government functions, including, ensuring the proper execution of military missions; protecting the President of the United States; conducting intelligence or counter-intelligence operations; or, helping to ensure the safety of those working within or housed in correctional institutions.
- For workers’ compensation purposes. Although Grow Psychological, LLC’s preference is to obtain an Authorization from you, Grow Psychological, LLC may provide your PHI in order to comply with workers’ compensation laws.
- Appointment reminders and health related benefits or services. Grow Psychological, LLC may use and disclose your PHI to contact you to remind you that you have an appointment. Grow Psychological, LLC may also use and disclose your PHI to tell you about treatment alternatives, or other health care services or benefits that we offer.
- CERTAIN USES AND DISCLOSURES REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OBJECT.
- Disclosures to family, friends, or others. Grow Psychological, LLC may provide your PHI to a family member, friend, or other person that you indicate is involved in your care or the payment for your health care, unless you object in whole or in part. The opportunity to consent may be obtained retroactively in emergency situations.
- YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PHI:
- The Right to Request Limits on Uses and Disclosures of Your PHI. You have the right to ask Grow Psychological, LLC not to use or disclose certain PHI for treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes. Grow Psychological, LLC is not required to agree to your request, and may say “no” if Grow Psychological, LLC believes it would affect your health care.
- The Right to Request Restrictions for Out-of-Pocket Expenses Paid for In Full. You have the right to request restrictions on disclosures of your PHI to health plans for payment or health care operations purposes if the PHI pertains solely to a health care item or a health care service that you have paid for out-of-pocket in full.
- The Right to Choose How Grow Psychological, LLC Sends PHI to You. You have the right to ask Grow Psychological, LLC to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address, and Grow Psychological, LLC will agree to all reasonable requests.
- The Right to See and Get Copies of Your PHI. Other than “psychotherapy notes,” you have the right to get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other information that Grow Psychological, LLC has about you. Grow Psychological, LLC will provide you with a copy of your record, or a summary of it, if you agree to receive a summary, within 30 days of receiving your written request, and Grow Psychological, LLC may charge a reasonable, cost based fee for doing so.
- The Right to Get a List of the Disclosures Your Therapist Has Made. You have the right to request a list of instances in which your therapist has disclosed your PHI for purposes other than treatment, payment, or health care operations, or for which you provided your therapist with an Authorization. Grow Psychological, LLC will respond to your request for an accounting of disclosures within 60 days of receiving your request. The list Grow Psychological, LLC will give you will include disclosures made in the last six years unless you request a shorter time. Grow Psychological, LLC will provide the list to you at no charge, but if you make more than one request in the same year, Grow Psychological, LLC will charge you a reasonable cost based fee for each additional request.
- The Right to Correct or Update Your PHI. If you believe that there is a mistake in your PHI, or that a piece of important information is missing from your PHI, you have the right to request that your therapist correct the existing information or add the missing information. Your therapist may say “no” to your request, but he/she will tell you why in writing within 60 days of receiving your request.
- The Right to Get a Paper or Electronic Copy of this Notice. You have the right get a paper copy of this Notice, and you have the right to get a copy of this notice by e-mail. And, even if you have agreed to receive this Notice via e-mail, you also have the right to request a paper copy of it.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://growandthrivekc.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.